The IRXJam is the annual game jam for Indie Revolution Expo!
The games submitted will be showcased during the expo which will give the developers exposure to potential fans and connections to others within the indie game industry. Our hope is that the games made during this time will be a launching point for amazing games and aspiring game developers!
IRXJam18 will run 12AM EST May ?th through 11:59PM EST May ?th!
The jam runs from May ?th through May ?th with the theme (N/A). All games must be submitted to the link above and will be showcased during IRX18! At the end of IRX, the staff will judge the games submitted and the winner will receive awesome prizes! Check out the list of rules, prizes and entries below:
(Please send any questions to IRX@indiegameriot.com)
- All entries must be submitted to Itch.io and tagged with #IRXJAM18.
- The game must be free through the time of Indie Revolution Expo which ends July 15th at 9pm EST.
- The game must use the theme (N/A).
- There is no limit to team size.
- Games must be made from scratch during these 48 hours.
- You may update the version anytime during the game jam, but most recent update made before the deadline will be the one used for judging.
- Everything used to make the game must be made by someone on the team OR royalty free/licensed (this includes graphics, music, SFX and fonts). Nothing stolen. Code should be your own with the exception of using licensed engines like Unity, Unreal, etc… or software like Stencyl, Game Maker, etc…
- Games must be made for PC.
- Games must use only mouse and keyboard controls. Using peripherals exclusively will disqualify the game.
- You must provide a short gameplay video in order to have it exhibited during the expo.
- Anyone can enter from anywhere.
- The winner is decided by the IGR/IRX staff at the end of the expo on July 15th, 2018. The winner will be “Best Overall” from the game jam.
The winner of the IRXJam will receive the following:
(NOTE: Winner will be required to sign an agreement to receive $100 Greenlight prize.)
- A digital badge for use on a website, storefront, etc… for the winning entry at the discretion of the developer(s).
- A free limited edition Indie Revolution Expo shirt from the current year.
- Support and advice from Indie Game Riot during the development of the winning entry after the game jam.
- $100 toward the entry fee for Steam once the game is considered fully developed.
Current Game Jam Entries