It’s that time of the year again where everyone gives awards to games for everything!
This year, there are 12 “finalists” that all of you fine rioters out there will be voting for.
The guidelines for picking the finalists and the eventual winner are as follows:
- The game must have been featured on our podcast in the “Starting The Riot!” segment.
- The game must be fully released.
- The release date must be between November 2016 and November 2017.
- The audience (you!) will vote for 10 days. The voting period will end December 26th after 11:59pm EST.
- You may vote once per day.
- IGR staff votes equal 10% of the total audience vote.
- Those who vote then tweet at us with who they voted for and use the hashtag #RiotOfTheYear will be eligible to win their choice of one indie game from this list. 3 winners will be chosen randomly and will pick from the available games in the order of their name being drawn.
To help your favorite game win, spread the word about voting to your friends and everyone else! If you missed the previous award winners, check out our reviews of Endless Legend (2014), Prison Architect (2015), and Stardew Valley (2016)!