It’s time again to give out the award for the best indie game of 2016! Yes, that’s right folks… the RIOT OF THE YEAR!
If you’re a new rioter to Indie Game Riot (you found us after 2015), then here are the basic guidelines for the award:
- The game must have been featured on our podcast in the “Starting The Riot!” segment.
- The game must be fully released.
- The release date must be between November 2015 and November 2016.
- The hosts deliberate and come up with a list of 5 games each that will be considered the nominees for the year.
- After the nominees have been posted, our audience votes for 1 month (voting ends December 22nd at 11:59 PM EST this year)!
- Voters may vote once per day.
- IGR staff votes equal 10% of the total audience vote.
- During the voting process, those who vote and comment will be entered to win a prize pack of 5 awesome indie games (rules and games listed below).
For those of you who have been around for longer than a year, you may notice we’re doing things slightly different this year. Instead of allowing every single eligible game from the whole year to be voted for, we’re narrowing it down to 15 of what we feel are the best of the best.
To help your favorite game win, spread the word about voting to your friends and everyone else! If you missed the previous award winners, check out our reviews of Endless Legend (2014) and Prison Architect (2015)! Check out our announcement episode for this year’s nominees!
If you would like a chance to win the indie game prize pack, check out the contest link here!
Riot of the Year 2016 – Indie Game Prize Pack!
Vote below for your favorite indie game!