Back from a really excellent vacation abroad, and excited to tackle some more on Vidar. We’re spiraling frantically towards Early Access, and the past few weeks focused on:
- Artistic modifications to continue to make the game feel more responsive;
- Bug fixes forever
- The first new content patch
I’m by no means an artist, but I’m pretty proud of some of the modifications I was able to make to the Stranger to get a few more animations possible.
With more testers, more bugs in the early part of the game are being reported – ranging from small little nits in the text to crashes in some of the rarer quests. Those have been addressed, and, mercifully, the Continue screen now opens *much* faster.
Finally, a great deal was done on the upcoming Content Patch (which will include the Library) – while it won’t be ready for release for a few more weeks, it’s nearly done and feeling like a really fun puzzle :)
For those who like things in list form, here you go!
Alpha Build 0.7.2.0
- Journal entry fixes
- Fixes to cutscene when receiving “Bury the Hatchet”
- Fixed a crash when receiving “Hair of the Dog”
- The entrance to the wolf cave now spawns
- You will not be given the option to bless graves for “Faith in the Dead” if that quest is already failed
- Ghosts will no longer gab while the option to enter a side-room is pending
- Added shadows to the Church back room
- Fixed passage issues in and around the castle ruins
- Continued cleaning graphics issues in Erik’s cave
- Time now freezes in the Dark Cave Waypoint
- The UI correctly displays when entering the cave from a waypoint, and displays on Day 1
- Tint is properly removed if coming from the Ice Cave or Boulder Cave into the Dark Cave or Water Cave
- Fixed a passage issue in the back of Cecilia’s house
- The tool UI appropriately displays in the waypoints (so you can use the Dark Cave waypoint)
- Fixed a graphical glitch related to the lightpillar
- Szabina now moves around in the castle ruins
- Climbing rope animation has been added; changed the functionality of ropes slightly to be more intuitive and graphically interesting
- Added the weather effect for real-real in the Ruins this time
- Added music to the Ruins
- Torches in the imp cave now use the lantern (like all other torches in the game)
- Brought the flicker on the torches in the imp cave down a little
- Footprint icons now will no longer hang over the edge of cliffs
- Fixed the back lights in the Hospital, Seamstress’s Shop, and Barnabas’s House
- Borbalo knows where the back room of the Church is now, he’s less likely to get confused
- Statues will now no longer allow you to activate them if it would cause you to drown
- Item description fixes
- Added animations for falling
- The Save/Load/Continue screen should load much faster now
A pretty egregious bug has been found in the Mac build, so sadly no additional Steam key distribution for now – but give it a hot second and we’ll get there!
See ya next week!