Happy New Years, all you fantastic rioters out there!
2014 will always and forever be a landmark for Indie Game Riot. The podcast started in back in May with decent popularity for such a young show, but our first chance to network with some amazing developers and gamers happened during the first annual IndiE3 online convention where we had the privilege to do a live show where we got to talk to Super Pixalo dev, Phil Royer and interview The Indie Box CEO, James Morgan in front of the entire IndiE3 audience. Rev was able to attend IndieCade and meet even more awesome talents. We also had the opportunity to interview some incredibly impressive devs like Jay Tholen, Aaron Reed and Mark Gregory as well as indie game advocate and Youtube personality, Muyskerm. We were able to launch our website which serves as the home of our podcast and has enabled us to expand into other outlets for indie game related topics thanks to generous contributions to our IndieGoGo campaign! Lastly, we announced our first annual “Riot of the Year!” award to go to the best fully released indie game in 2014 and its developer that we featured on our show which was opened up o fan voting crowning this year’s winner, Endless Legend by AMPLITUDE Studios! For the seven months that we have been in existence, we think it’s safe to say that this has been a fantastic year!
This coming year promises to be bigger and better. to start off 2015, Josh and Tekedo are planning to attend MagFest in National Harbor, MD (Stop us and say hi if you’re going)! Our first interview will be with Chester United developer, Benn Friedrich. Our goal of supporting indie games, developers and the indie game community has not changed, but it absolutely has grown. Here are some things we have planned for the future:
- Continue to attend events featuring indie games
- Even more interviews and guests on the podcast
- More giveaways so even more people can enjoy indie games that deserve all the praise
- Work towards a digital store for developers to sell their games
- Begin plans for IGR related events like game jams, livestreams of games, etc…
- Work towards setting up an IGR fund dedicated to helping deserving indie devs in need of assistance
- Continue filling the site with the latest news and indie games for everyone to read about
- In general, continue moving towards becoming the central hub for the indie game community
Thank you all for helping us make 2014 an amazing year! We could never do it without your support. Here’s to another year of supporting each other, growing together and strengthening this community! We hope to continue to hear from you all in 2015! We’ve started the riot… now let’s continue to enable the evolution.
Josh, Tek, Rev & the Indie Game Riot team